Translation made easy.
Languages are a double-sided weapon, they draw us closer, but they separate us.Me
Google Translator is like a drunk tourist trying to speak your language at 3 a.m.Also Me
My name is José Manuel Miana, and I’m bad with metaphors, but I’m good with languages.
I was born and raised in Spain, and I’ve been speaking English since my childhood.
I have worked on several fields, but the Automotive sector is my favourite since I was very little. There I used to research everything in English, because most of the information is in English. That’s about ten years reading about car’s technical data in English, even my own car’s workshop manual is in English.
- Automotive: I’ve worked with Ford, VAG, Porsche, Renault, PSA, Toyota, Mercedes and BMW.
- Engineering: I’ve worked for the railroad industry, and I had to use blueprints.
- Literature: I’ve translated novels from English to Spanish, you can find them on Amazon.
- Music: I play the guitar in a rock band, and I am familiarized with musical terms and gig vocabulary.
- WordPress: I’ve created this website, and I’ve had to learn a few things about CSS and SEO to do it.
- WIX: I can handle myself with WIX too, as my previous webpage was hosted with them.
My CAT Tools:
- SDL Trados Studio 2019.
- Microsoft Word 2016.
Check my Blog and Portfolio sections to see what I can do as a translator and writer.
The importance of words (article).
If you’re interested in my services for translation, localization, and voice-overing, get in touch!
Member of ProZ Certified PRO Network